Wednesday, August 30, 2006

And I write poems too...

Hello all...If anyone has any misconceptions that my creative skills are limited to this blog only, I'd like to use this post to clear that....as the title suggests, yes I write poems too...I don't know when it started, but my first poem was titled "My Mistake"( it was not refering to my act of writing poems...and I'm not gonna tell you what it was about). Then after writing 3 or 4 poems on the evergreen topic of love, I matured as a poet (atleast I like to think so) and expanded my horizons to include topics like life, nature etc in my poems. If someone wants to read it, mail me I'll send them to you. (Ha Ha....whom am I kidding? Somebody wanting to read my wild ramblings....that was a good one). Anyways, there are atleast 2 people on this earth who reads everyone of my poems and has the ability to endure it without cursing me for wasting their time. So being the owner of a blog now, I thought that my poems should get published...atleast in my blog...as I am too lazy to type up all the old ones, I thought I'd spare my readers and expose them only to the latest quirks of my creative cerebellum...or was it cerebrum??? Aaah who cares..So here you go..my latest work..titled...Regrets

Moments in Life,
Come and go by.
When your heart tells you to go ahead
Speak your mind without being afraid
But then your brain kicks in
All the doubts and fears start to set in
You ignore your heart and keep the silence
Though after sometime it stops making sense
But then you fear whether the time has passed
For you to let out all the feelings you have amassed.
These thoughts draw your silence longer
And the longer it gets, it becomes harder
Then one day you realize
How foolish you were when you thought you were wise
The time that you had just ran out
And you were left waiting without a whisper, leave apart a shout.
And now the words come pouring
With all the love, hurt and pain you were bearing
And then it starts-Regret
Of not speaking out when time was at your beck
Because all that you say after it all ends
Are just words without meaning,
Sounds without sense.


So thats all for now folks, do let me know how much you liked it (or didn't like it)....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

venu,alu kollamallooooooooooooooo?ithokkae kayyil unadayirunno?/////