Monday, August 21, 2006

Aamchi Pune..

I'm back. Been a while since i visited these areas of the world wide web. But renewed resolution not to let my blogging go my dairy writing way, I'm back. Last week was a welcome break from the daily routine of office to home to office. With gods of time showering blessings on human kind (especially the employed human kind) in form of consecutive holidays on 15th and 16th owing to our Independence day and Shri Krishna Jayanti and these holidays falling just one day after the weekend, this meant that for the ones looking for a long due break, taking one day leave meant a vacation of 5 days. Now there's an offer you cannot refuse...So I took it. My boss was kind enough to grant me leave (might be due to the fact that for some days before the weekend, i reached home at 2 in the morning. Well thats a different story altogether.) So as i had planned well in advance for the vacation, I caught the first flight on the weekend to Pune. A long overdue visit to see my bro and his friends at the esteemed medical establishment, Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC). My mom and dad was there already. So it was like a family reunion at Pune. Pune is a really cool city. All the facilities of Mumbai minus the hustle bustle. Lots of places to hang out and a wide range of eateries, ranging from pure kerala food to Thai food at "Banthai". Then for people of my age (especially males), going from Chennai to Pune gives your eyes a pleasant exercise with all the beautiful scenaries there (if you know what i mean). As a practice, whenever i visit Pune, there are a few places that I always visit.
One, Burger King with its amazingly tasty burgers
Two Jaijalram bookstall at FC road for its amazingly cheap indian edition books
Three One or more of the multipexes for obvious reasons
Four, the vada pav vendors near the railway station for their best in the world vada pavs. Vada pavs from bombay pale in comparison to the ones that you get in Pune.
All this, a treat for the AFMC P2 batch gang and roaming with my bro took up 4 days and my vacation was at an end. Well, time really flies when you are having fun. Now its 2 more weeks and I'm off to home for Onam, the festival of festivals for malayalees around the globe. Its always great when you have something to look forward to. Thats what keeps life going on. When you have nothing to look forward to in your life, then you are not living, you are just existing. Anyways, I had fun and am waiting for my next visit to the coolest city in the world thats..Aamchi pune.

No comments: