Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Its a Magical World


Even before it gave me my first salary, HCL gave me something more wonderful. During the 2 weeks we spent at Vadapalani office Library waiting for our fates to be decided by the management, I discovered the magical world of Calvin and Hobbes. The little boy and his imaginary(?) tiger took me to their world...a world of spaceman spiff and transmogrifiers...of calvinosaurus and tracer bullet...of calvinball and wild whacky imagination...I was enthralled and mystified. Its my request to all those who have not yet met this little 5 year old devil, you are really missing something. Just start reading from the material available on the net. Within no time, you will be addicted and will want more and more of his inncocent imaginative pranks. Whether it is grossing out susie by describing his lunch or testing his mom's patience with his tantrums before a bath, you just can't help but loving him. Then when you think that he is all energy and no thinking, comes a few words that make you see him in an altogether different light.

"I'm Significant...!!"..screamed the dust speck

"Sometimes I think that the greatest proof that life exists outside earth is that they have never tried to contact us"

These words make anyone think for a minute. Seeing the world through a 5 year old's eyes is not a thing that you get to do often in life. So I have started saving...to buy the complete Calvin and Hobbes Collection...worth Rs.5300. So All you guys and gals out there...Take some time off to meet this kid..he might just change the way you see things around you...He sure did for me...So thats all for now...Catch u all later...Lots more to come...Watch this space..

2 comments:

Ammu said...

Hey Venu,

My friend and I used to be called Calvin and Hobbes by my ex boss. I was Calvin, she was hobbes! Its brilliant, good to find another fan!! check out my blg as well.

SeReEn ThOtTaN said...

Well join the bandwagon of Calvin and Hobbes fan club...U shud read their Snowman series....out of the world....http://www.angelfire.com/wa/zzaran/calvin.html