Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Writer's Block

It's been more than a month without a single blog entry from my side....seems like I am going through some sort of Writer's Block. For those who don't know what that means, Wikipedia defines Writer's Block as

"a phenomenon involving temporary loss of ability to begin or continue writing, usually due to lack of inspiration or creativity"

That defines it pretty well....It's not that I haven't had topics to write on...After all, I had been to Antaragni at IITK and attended the first ever performance in India by the Finnish band, "Poets of the Fall". I could have written about how great it was or about how disappointing Atif Aslam was on his Professional Night. But the words were just refusing to come out....The fire in the belly which said "I gotta blog about this" was just not there.....and I didn't want to just go through the motions and post something....Maybe life is becoming a bit too routine and that is draining away the creativity....you become creative when you are exposed to new stimuli...doing the same thing over and over again all throughout the week hardly counts as new. The fact that we have been planning many trips, none of which worked out doesn't help either....maybe it's time we got one of the plans into action...a trip with friends to a new place, clicking a few photos and just unwinding may act as a defibrillator to my fast flat lining creativity....Or as they say in "Dr.House M.D.", call a code and get me 10ml epi...stat......

No comments: